Volunteer with BARKS
If you have a lot or a little time to give, please consider being a BARKS Volunteer. Below is a list of some of the tasks/jobs for which we need more volunteers. We also have many ad hoc needs that turn up for which we need volunteer help.
**Needed - Dog Walkers
- BARKS has several dogs who need daily walking. These wonderful dogs gain a lot by having time out of the shelter. They burn off energy, gain leash walking experience and enjoy socializing with people. You will also gain a lot by helping to make these dog's lives better. Dog walkers must be at least 18 years old and go through a dog walking orientation.
Not in Contact with the Animals
- Public Relations - flyers, ads, media contact, signage, etc.
- Assist in writing and mailing quarterly newsletter
- Help BARKS Fundraising Coordinator with event planning and staffing
- Assist with the BARKS Garage Sale
- Grant writing and application
- Return and follow up on calls to BARKS Phone Line
- Pet Adoption follow up calls
- Promoting BARKS events and animals on social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
Animal Contact (must be 18 or older)
- Pound Cleaning - cats and/or dogs
- Dog Walking
- Animal Fostering
- Animal Care - vet visits, training, grooming, socializing
- Adoption Day Assistance - cat or dog handling, set up and tear down
June 2013 - NEEDED: Cat Caretakers for our feline residents of the Newton Petsmart!Please click to read more about it and mark it on your volunteer application.
If you are applying to foster an animal:
Please complete our Foster Care Agreement PDF.
For the PDFs, please print and fill out, then sign and return to BARKS. We accept PDF applications via snail mail, in person at one of our adoption events, or scanned and attached to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.